5.15.2008

Rough night

The International 10-Ball Championship here in Vegas has just begun and on the first day I ran into some unusual problems...

It started with some abdominal pain and body ache in the morning...

After a bye as a seeded player I had a good match against Matt Krah late in the evening of the 13th and beat him 10:1. He seemed to have trouble finding his game at all and I only made a couple errors.

I returned to my room, ordered some room service food and tried to fall asleep. Suddenly I got cramps in my belly, started shaking like a palm tree during a hurricane in Florida and my overall condition wasn't really the greatest.




I rushed to the Emergency Room here at Sunrise Hospital in Vegas where I spent six hours from 3.30am till 9.30am. They did a lot of fun stuff to me during the night and the doctor diagnosed foodpoisoning or some sort of virus.








I had 103 degrees fever, but after the IV and some medication I am feeling much better now. I lost my next match against reigning World 9-Ball Champion Daryl Peach with 7:10 that evening. We both made a lot of mistakes and I really had enough chances to beat him. The loosers bracket is full with players who all could win this tournament. Souquet, Reyes, Immonen, Pagulayan, Archer, van Boening to just name a few.

I have one day off so it should give me some time to rest and recover.

Check out the official website with live scoring and even live coverage !

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god! All the best, Thorsten, from here in Germany!
Health comes first, but of course also good luck in the following tournament sequences!
I'll tell Daryl not to beat you next time, when I'm going to meet him next week in Germany at the EuroTour...

Best wishes,
your true fan Korbi

Alonzo said...

All the best Thorten!!!
I hope you get well early.

Anonymous said...

My Question: Did u know about the medicaments? A Professional like u surely have to be careful because the World Doping dingsbums can test u positiv. Or do the hospital knows about ur professional Sport?
Whatever greets from Germany.

Bogee said...

Oh no!!! Good to know you were there for only a few hours and that everything is alright now.

See you soon Toast!

Anonymous said...

jeez, no more sea food at the riv sir....

sex shop market said...

I think everybody ought to browse on it.