2.08.2008

Straight Pool Exhibition at the University Club of NYC

On January 31st it was my honor to perform a Straight Pool exhibition at New York City's prestigious University Club. This private club located on 54th street and Fifth Avenue was founded in 1861 and is still a landmark in the Big Apple. The club features three pool tables as well as one billiard table.

More info's about the University Club of NYC

Mr Lawrence Darby, member of the University Club approached me after my 152 and out run at the New Jersey State Championships in Parsippany last year to do this exhibition and we agreed on the 31st.

I was very excited to talk about my favorite game and give some insights here and there about pool in general. For the very first time I was playing on a 10foot table and I wish I could call myself an owner of such a beautiful table one day.

The crowd, all gentlemen and one lady were very knowledgable and helped me throughout the two hour session with interesting questions. The day ended with a nice dinner in one of the clubs private rooms.

A big thank to Lawrence and the University Club as well as to all the straight pool lovers who attended my exhibition. I hope I can do it again in the future...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

www.asturias-3d.com said...

For my part every person ought to go through it.

Cherry Hill Drywall Contractors said...

Good readiing